Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sourdough Peanut Butter Waffles

My son proclaimed these the best waffles ever. I have recipes for the sourdough version which is what I made and the regular version.
(Regular) Peanut Butter Waffles
1 3/4 C. flour
3 tsp. sugar
6 tsp. peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 C. butter
1 3/4 C. milk
Mix together eggs, butter and peanut butter, milk. Add dry ingredients. Fry on your greased waffle iron.
 
Sourdough Peanut Butter Waffles (Double Batch)
3 1/2 C. flour
2 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter
4 eggs
2 C. sourdough starter
1/3 C. sugar
Milk
Mix together eggs, butter, peanut butter and sourdough. Add dry ingredients. Add enough milk to make it the right consistency for waffles(approx. a cup). Fry on a greased waffle iron.
 
I also make cinnamon waffles using the same recipe, just omit the peanut butter and add about a tablespoon of cinnamon

1 comment:

  1. I notice your sourdough version of these peanut butter waffles doesn’t actually include peanut butter in the ingredients list. How much should I use?

    ReplyDelete